What’s The Best Way to Beautify The Windows On your Chichester NH home? Elegant Window Treatments From Hunter Douglas Are What Most Discriminating Homeowners choose
We are based in Central NH, but service the greater Chichester NH area, as well as anywhere in Merrimack, Grafton, Belknap, and Carroll counties. We have over 40 years experience in the window decor and design field, and go above and beyond to make sure our clients are 100% satisfied with their window covering and installation. We have a huge portfolio of happy customers!
Whether you are in the market for Blinds or Shades, Draperies or Curtains, we have a huge selection of both off the shelf products, as well as meticulously customized window treatments available. Call Rod Ladman’s Window Designs at (603) 455-6094 today, and let the fun begin!
Here’s a sampling of what we carry:
- WINDOW BLINDS- We carry the finest wood blinds, aluminum blinds, and faux wood horizontal blinds. These blinds are available in multiple slat sizes, colors, and textures.
- VENETIAN BLINDS- These versatile blinds are suitable for all window types. Available in a great choice of colors, finishes, slat widths, and decorative options. The Design, durability and versatility of Venetian blinds make these a frontrunner in window decor
- VERTICAL BLINDS-Our Vertical blinds catalog features several models with blinds made from fabric,vinyl, wood, faux wood, and aluminum. All models offer a good variety of styles, patterns, and colors
- WINDOW SHADES- We carry all manner of Window Shades, including Roman Shades, Roller Shades, Solar Shades, Cellular Shades, Pleated Shades,and Woven Wood Shades
- ROMAN SHADES (both stock and custom-made) We carry the 3 types of stock Hunter Douglas Roman Shades, which cover all possible needs of consumers, or, if you can choose to have our talented seamstress work with you, together you can create a beautiful custom-made Roman Shade to your exact specifications
- PLEATED SHADES- These beauties are cost-effective and feature bold and modern colors- orange to blue and all those colors in-between. Top Down and Bottom up configurations offer complete privacy
- ROLLER SHADES and SOLAR SHADES- With our selection of Designer Roller Shades, you have a choice of 330 fabrics which range from sheer to opaque. You also have a great choice of patterns and textures and traditional solid colors. Several other models available as well
- CELLULAR HONEYCOMB SHADES The Hunter Douglas flagship model Duette was a pioneering first as the original cellular shade. Beauty and energy conservation is the ideal combination of a window covering. Today they are more popular than ever
- SHEERS and SHADINGS -Our window shadings series feature soft adjustable fabric vanes that are attached to a sheer backing. Diffuses light beautifully. Choose the degree of privacy you want by adjusting the vanes
- WOVEN WOOD SHADES- These exquisite creations are made from Natural Woods, Grasses, Bamboo and Reeds. You can choose from textured fabrics to more refined weaves
- PLANTATION SHUTTERS-Hunter Douglas offers several types of Plantation-Style Shutters. Available in real hardwood, as well as alternative wood and hybrid materials that are guaranteed to to never deteriorate regardless of extreme heat or humidity. You can call it your “forever” shutter!
- DRAPERIES (custom-made)- Custom-made draperies are available in a limitless variety of colors and patterns through our in-house fabricator who brings your ideas to life. With over 25 years of experience and expertise in soft furnishings, Karin can do it all.
- CURTAINS (custom-made)-Custom Curtains are another specialty of fabricator Karin Conn. Whatever your imagination can conceive, This talented lady can deliver. There are untold design possibilities waiting with a plethora of choice in fabric, texture, color, etc.
For a photo gallery and more information on many of these products, see Our Hunter Douglas products page.
Oh, did we mention our custom bedding items like DUVET COVERS, BED SKIRTS, TUFTED COVERLETS, SHAMS,etc. and our table accessories like TABLECLOTHS, PLACEMATS AND RUNNERS? The point being we can coordinate the whole room in any fashion you choose.
Many of the above window treatments can be had with a wireless motorized option that can be programmed and controlled through a Hunter Douglas remote unit or even your own Smartphone. Talk about convenience!
Hunter Douglas puts a lot of emphasis on child and pet safety, and manufacturing high quality dependable window coverings. These products are American made and have strong warranties. We will gladly come out to your residence in Chichester and show you in person what we’re talking about! If you have any questions at all about anything, please call. Whether you ultimately work with us is not the point. We are here sincerely to educate consumers about quality window coverings and will always be happy to advise you in any way we can.
Although Cornices and Valances are often mistaken for each other, A cornice is a more permanent arrangement. In fact, some cornices are elaborate wood structures that look like architectural elements. Others are upholstered or otherwise covered with fabric to coordinate with the decor
Traditionally, cornices were wooden boxes that were painted or covered with fabric. Painted cornices often featured molding to heighten the architectural look of the treatments. Today, cornices are also made from buckram or cardboard attached to a cornice shelf or from a sturdy material such as foam core. Although these materials are stiff, they are easier to cut into curved and geometric shapes expanding the variety of cornice designs.
The conventional box cornice has four sides of a face board (the front) two end boards (the sides), and a dust board (the top) The dust board helps deflect drafts-one reason why wood cornices were so popular in older homes.
Wooden box cornices can be painted or stained to match other wood work in the room. They also provide a mounting place for indirect lighting, which can dramatically highlight the window treatments. Fabric coverings on wooden or foam-core box cornices can be padded, tufted, pleated, and outlined with piping for an upholstered look. Cornice shelves can have fabric attached along the edges of the shelf, with or without face board and end boards
A cornice should balance the treatment and be in scale with the window. Because of it’s architectural nature, a cornice is always mounted outside the window, usually with the dust board or the shelf aligned with the top of the frame. The cornice should be tall enough to cover the window’s upper frame, plus the hardware and headings of any window treatments underneath. Generally, cornices are 12 1/2 tp 15 inches long. If the window is too short or the ceiling is very high, install the cornice on the wall above the window to create the illusion of height.
Cornices are custom-made or purchased ready-made in standard sizes. Cornice kits are also available for easy assembly from light-weight panels of polystyrene; you just supply the batting and the fabric (if working with a decorator). Whether you choose a cornice box or a cornice shelf as your base, there is a great range of styles available