First Impressions Are Formed In Seconds- With Hunter Douglas Window Treatments In Your Franklin, NH Home, Your Visitors Will Always Be Impressed!
We are a full service Hunter Douglas dealer that sells, installs and repairs these high quality window treatments, Not only in the greater Franklin New Hampshire area, but anywhere in Merrimack, Grafton, Carroll and Belknap counties
We have partnered with a skilled artisan and fabricator who creates beautiful custom-made soft furnishings in her workroom. This gives our customers the unique ability to choose from either the standard catalog of Hunter Douglas products, or opt for unique, one of a kind treatments that are created from your vision.
We’re in the window treatment business for over 40 years, but still love to meet new clients. We would like to come out to your Franklin NH home and discuss your window decor needs. Our consultation and measuring services are always completely free with absolutely no obligation.
Please feel free to ask us about our:
- Window Blinds
- Vertical Blinds
- Venetian Blinds
- Wooden Blinds
- Window Shades
- Roller Shades
- Custom-Made Drapery
- Faux Wood Blinds
- Pleated Shades
- Roman Shades
- Solar Shades
- Room-Darkening Shades
- Custom-Made Valances
- Custom-Made Cornices
- Cellular Shades
- Woven Wood Shades
- Plantation Shutters
- Custom-Made Curtains
- Custom-Made Sheers
- Custom-Made Roman Shades
- Drapery Hardware
When a formal statement is what you’re after, give windows the first chance to deliver it. With the right dressings, they make a more dramatic declarations of formality than any other element. Walls also play an important backup role, supporting the windows’ statement through color, coordinated or matching pattern, or subtle subtle details such as texture, border trims and moldings.
WINDOWS TAKE SHAPE- Though even the most casual fabric can be shaped into a formal drapery, starting with a formal fabric ensures communicating the right attitude. Fabrics with sheen such as such as silks, damasks, and taffetas- or their synthetic look alikes-are clearly formal. Given the right treatment, as explained below, gauzy sheers ate too. Heavier-weight fabrics that fit a formal approach include velvet and tapestry
- CHOOSE CLASSIC DESIGNS- In general, a formal room is the place for symmetrical window treatments. For example, formal looks include valances plus side panels, swags, and jabots, and swagged valances with rosettes and silk fringe.Highly tailored valances alone can have a formal edge.
- PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS-Elegant braids and fringes can dress up even plain linen draperies. The fun is in subtlety, such as drapery linings in contrasting colors and unusual hardware.
- DRESS UP FOR TODAY-Some decidedly modern rooms also can be formal. Consider, for example, the cool elegance of matched Barcelona chairs facing off against a travertine floor. In such a setting, utterly simple blinds, Roman shades, or no window treatments at all contribute to a formal feel
Fun, fuss-free, and more often than not, affordable, are the hallmarks of casual window dressings. Unlike formal window treatments, fabric isn’t essential. Shutters, blinds, or even folding screens pulled up to the window work just fine and may be your best option for hard-to-treat panes.
EASY GOING WINDOWS
- Relax With Fabrics- Make sure the fabric in casual window treatments is durable and Easy-care. Cotton is a popular option, as are denim and other sailcloth-weight fabrics. Polished cottons such as chintz have a more relaxed look if you launder them first to remove the sheen.
- Shutters, shades, or blinds?- Though they come in different styles, sizes, and materials, they fill the same practical role. They’re also a smart statring point for your windows, and you can enjoy light controal and privacy now and layer more elaborate draperies or curtains over the blinds later
- Get In Shape- Colorful Roman shades, valances, cafe curatins, tiebacks, and draperies, are among the many casual options, Balloon shades and complicated symmetrical treatments may be too fussy.
- Improvise For Personality- Casual Schemes welcome color, pattern, and fun hardware from flea markets and antique shops. Top your windows in a teacup print, or fashion old finials, door knobs, even branding irons into rods and tiebacks